BURLINGTON COAT FACTORY PROTESTS
MIAMI (HIALEAH): 590 WEST 49th St, FL 33012
LOS ANGELES: 22835 Victory Blvd., WEST HILLS, CA 91307 afterword we will protest La La Ling, 1810 North Vermont Avenue, L.A. 90027 (La La Ling is not connected to BCF)
Reason For Protests
1. Burlington Coat Factory ran TV ads promoting its Che Guevara t-shirt
2. Burlington Coat Factory sells Che Guevara t-shirts in their stores
Who was Che Guevara?
Che was a Marxist from Argentina who aided the Cuban revolution. He advocated the philosophy of communism which is responsible for over 100 million murders and he personally supervised the executions of thousands of people himself. He also advocated that Cuba launch its nuclear missiles at America. One of Che's famous quotes was "Hatred is an element of struggle; relentless hatred of the enemy that impels us over and beyond the natural limitations of man and transforms us into effective, violent, selective, and cold killing machines. Our soldiers must be thus; a people without hatred cannot vanquish a brutal enemy."
Learn more about Che below under "Educate Yourself".
Four things you can do:
1. Tell all your friends by e-mail the reason why you won't shop at Burlington Coat Factory.
2. Contact Burlington Coat Factory and demand BCF fire their advertising agency, Scheer Advertising, and every BCF employee that was aware of, and approved the advertisement or the decision to sell Che shirts in the stores.
3. Sponsor a video press release. As a video production company we can videotape and edit together a 1 minute video press of this story and beam it by satellite to TV newsrooms nationwide at very low cost.
1. Learn about Che Guevara:
UCLA Today: Portrait of a Ruthless Killer
Slate Magazine: The Cult of Che
NewsMax: Che Guevara: Assassin and Bumbler
2. View the Burlington Coat Factory ad titled "Values" by visiting
Scroll down to the bottom. In the box "Keyword" type "Values"
Burlington Coat Factory sent an e-mail to Freestar calling the people complaining about its sale of Che shirts "provocateurs", "fanatics", and "extremists".
La La Ling, a retail store located at 1810 North Vermont Avenue in Los Angeles, California is selling Che Guevara t-shirts for babies and tots. According to La La Ling's website "there's no cooler iconic image than Che!" Freestar Media e-mailed owner Ling Chang requesting that the company stop selling shirts of this communist mass murderer. The e-mail also asked Ms. Chan what she would tell relatives of people murdered by Che if they visited her store. As of Wednesday 12/1/04 no response has been received. La La Ling's L.A. store was picketing on December 4, 2004. Please note the Che baby/tot shirts are being sold by La La Ling not by Burlington Coat Factory. Some websites have incorrectly reported that the Che baby shirts were sold by Burlington Coat Factory. Burlington Coat Factory sold Che shirts for teenagers not babies.
The New York Public Library called Freestar on Monday December 20th to inform us that it had agreed to stop selling Che Guevara watches in its store.
Rumors are circulating the Bloomindales is planning to sell Che Guevara merchandise. Freestar and others stand ready to protest should Bloomingdales seek to cash in by promoting this psychopath.